Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bing69

Did I Get My Celiac From One Of My Parents

Hello all

I found out that i have celiac Disease and i have been trying so hard to stay gluten-free but its so hard. What i'm trying to find out is; Did i get this from one of my Parents . And also were can i look for a list of food that are allowed to eat

thank you and hope someone can help me out :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello all

I found out that i have celiac Disease and i have been trying so hard to stay gluten-free but its so hard. What i'm trying to find out is; Did i get this from one of my Parents . And also were can i look for a list of food that are allowed to eat

thank you and hope someone can help me out  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you got the gene from one or both.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Yes, it is genetic so you got the gene from one or both parents. That does not mean they have it though. They may have the gene but not have had the celiac triggered. They should be tested though.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Yes, it is genetic so you got the gene from one or both parents. That does not mean they have it though. They may have the gene but not have had the celiac triggered. They should be tested though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you very much for the info

I was also wonder what age i should get my kids tested at ?

and i just found out that i'm 10 weeks pregnant should i been doing something different in this pregnancy, i was not gluten-free with the my 2 boys but didn't know i was celiac disease at the time ?

Thank you very much for the info

I was also wonder what age i should get my kids tested at ?

and i just found out that i'm 10 weeks  pregnant should i been doing something different in this pregnancy, i was not gluten-free with the my 2 boys but didn't know i was celiac disease at the time ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Just going gluten-free is all you need to do for your pregnancy. Testing seems to be most accurate in the over age 3 group, less accurate between 2-3 yrs and even less accurate under age 2. So if your 2 boys are over 3, I would test them. If under 3, judge for yourself whether you see symptoms that warrant it.

Merika