mommyto2kids

Rosetapper, Just Saying Hi I've Been Doing Some Of Your Suggestions.

Rate this topic

I have been working with gig some and signed up to be a reference person for the Celiac Disease Foundation. I've discovered 3 good restaurants I can suggest in Redding, Mary's Pizza shack, Outback and Red Robin. I've been fine from each place. Please stay in touch. :) How was your trip?

Hi right back at you! The last few times I visited Redding, I ate dinner at Outback, but I didn't know they also have a Mary's Pizza Shack (we have several nearby) and a Red Robin. Do you have a PF Chang's yet?

My trip was absolutely the greatest! Would you believe that on my first evening in Sydney, my daughter took me to a Brazilian BBQ place where EVERYTHING was gluten free (including the cheese bread and the pasta) except for three items on their menu? When they told me that their regular bread and pasta are always gluten free, I just couldn't believe it! Australia truly is Paradise when it comes to gluten-free dining. I literally ate my way through Sydney, Bondi, and Cairns: sandwiches, pizzas, hamburgers, High Tea, etc. I didn't get glutened a single time, and servers were astonished that we aren't accommodated in the same way here. Even at the Food Court at the mall, several restaurants had "gluten-free options" displayed on their counters. Such a wonderful place....oh, and the sights were pretty great, too!

I'm glad to hear that you've become involved with several celiac organizations. Usually, GIG has an annual conference, but this year's conference, which was to be held in Denver, was canceled due to the high costs of that particular city and because there aren't enough GIG volunteers there. I was soooo disappointed when I heard that it had been canceled--my brother lives near Denver, and my mom (who also has celiac) and I were planning to spend some time visiting his family while attending the conference. I understand that, instead of a huge conference, GIG is now planning something on a smaller scale in Seattle. I really like Seattle, which is very celiac friendly, so I might end up going (depends on the speakers). Have you heard of any interesting conferences in California?

Thanks for staying in touch...and perhaps we can have coffee or lunch sometime when I'm in Redding (I might drive out there in July to visit my father's grave).

Take care!

Redding CT? Or is there another Redding I don't know about?

Ha ha! No, Redding in Northern California! It's a nice place--you should visit.....