Rate this topic

was wondering how other people tolerate beer. I myself seem to not have a problem with it. I was never diagnosed with celiac disease I am Gluten intolerant. The most testing I ever got done was a blood test while I was on a strict gluten free diet. I also suspect my son son ( 22 months) is also gluten intolerant and he is definitely lactose intolerant. My older brother is also gluten intolerant.

I may be wrong but wouldn't getting the blood test while following the gluten free diet give you a bad result? Or that could be the scope of the intestine. I am sure someone else can offer an opinion.

There are gluten free beers out there so you can still have beer and avoid the gluten.

Red Bridge, Bards, Greens, New Grist etc

I may be wrong but wouldn't getting the blood test while following the gluten free diet give you a bad result? Or that could be the scope of the intestine. I am sure someone else can offer an opinion.

There are gluten free beers out there so you can still have beer and avoid the gluten.

Red Bridge, Bards, Greens, New Grist etc

Yes i think that being on a gluten free diet would give a false result thats why I mentioned it. Just wondering how others that are gluten intolerant/celiac tolerated beer?

Yes i think that being on a gluten free diet would give a false result thats why I mentioned it. Just wondering how others that are gluten intolerant/celiac tolerated beer?

Well, I can only comment from a celiac disease perspective. If you have celiac disease you can't have mainstream beer so I don't think you will get many replys.

I admit I don't know if gluten intolerant means you can have it occasionally. If that is that case then maybe someone will reposnd.

Beer definitely has gluten in it; if you are trying to be strictly gluten-free you should switch to a gluten-free formulated one like Redbridge, or New Grist or Green's or Bard's. Or Wine or some other drink. Even if you don't react to something, it may be doing damage.