This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Smoking

Lisa

Lisa Mentor

In my journey through Celiac land, I looked up the RJ Reynolds web site.

Might be interesting to some of you the amount of stuff in Cigs.

Web Site - RJRT.com

Lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Thanks Lisa. I will read it tonight after all the rugrats have gone to bed.....

I have been looking for a reason to quit, maybe this will work.......

Karen

Lisa Mentor
Thanks Lisa.  I will read it tonight after all the rugrats have gone to bed.....

Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too smoke, need and want to. If it doesn't you don't want to (me either).

Will contact celiac3270 when I can devote a while on the comp. and maybe he or someone can walk me through the down load for delf. Thanks for passing on my problems. Wish I could do that on to a palm pilot and carry it around in the grocery store. But on the other hand don't really know or care to learn what a palm pilot does. You know.."old dog, new tricks"

Lisa

celiac3270 Collaborator
Thanks Lisa.  I will read it tonight after all the rugrats have gone to bed.....

Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You smoke? I never knew that!

Will contact celiac3270 when I can devote a while on the comp. and maybe he or someone can walk me through the down load for delf. Thanks for passing on my problems. Wish I could do that on to a palm pilot and carry it around in the grocery store. But on the other hand don't really know or care to learn what a palm pilot does. You know.."old dog, new tricks"

Downloading the Delphi list? You can put it on a palm! Lots of people do. You can buy them--as low as maybe $75-99 dollars and put the Delphi list on as a text file which you can read--bring it to the store, etc. You can also store contacts, to-do lists, calendar, etc. on it (in addition to notes) and if you want, download various programs free.

If you want it on a Palm, you'll want the text file version (rather than Word) unless you get a "Pocket PC" which is a little more expensive. For the computer, Microsoft Word will do.

jams Explorer

How ironic is this posting!?!? I quit last Sunday 8/21. :D I am really struggling right now because my husband smokes. I really want to quit though. My jaw is sore from chewing gum! <_< I never thought to look at a tobacco website for pointers though! Thanks!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Great job! That's awesome--you're doing your body and your wallet such a service! Keep up the good work--chew all the gum you need! :D Congrats!

Yep, celiac3270, guilty as charged!!!! :(

I smoke (although I don't smoke in the house or the van). For each and every pregnancy though, I quit cold turkey, which as it turns out, for the twin pregnancy, it's a good thing I did since they were 9 weeks early and weighed 3 1/2 lbs. each. If I smoked, their birthweight would have been much lower and who knows what complications would have arisen then......

Unfortunately, as soon as those little buns were pushed out of the oven, I was downstairs quick as a flash lighting up! Going through labour does that to ya! Actually, when I brought the twins home and also had a two yr old and a seven yr old at home, smoking is probably what helped me keep my sanity!!!! :P

I am getting very close to the point that a smoker needs to be at to be successful at quitting though.......

I'll let you know when I do so you can all keep your fingers crossed for me!

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Oh, and Angi, HANG IN THERE!!!! I am rooting for ya!

Karen

celiac3270 Collaborator

Okay, let me know when you try.

Have you called the cig companies about gluten? If you're still getting sick...could there be something in there that's bothering you? I mean, they put so much cr** in them like ingredients from cleaning fluids and tar and stuff...why wouldn't they shove in a little gluten for good measure? :P

OOh, got to go, wanted to say one more thing, but out of time....]

-celiac3270

Archived