ndw3363

Brain Fog

Rate this topic

I am an undiagnosed gluten sensitive person - blood tests came back negative, no severe GI symptoms. But I do have malabsorption, skin problems, neurologic symptoms, fatigue, and depression. I am 1 year gluten free. What I'm noticing lately is that my brain fog is back. While I am not crazy careful about my diet, I do my very best to be completely gluten free. I live alone, so there is definitely no gluten in my house - I cook my own meals 90% of the time and only go to restaurants with dedicated gluten free menus (i.e. P.F. Chang's, Outback, Jason's Deli, etc). I was eating a bit more carbs in the past couple of weeks, so I'm trying to cut down on that. I have had problems with yeast in the past and I have a feeling that is what is causing this. My question is, is there there anything that will get me past this brain fog stage faster? My coordination is terrible and I just feel "out of it" all the time. As an example, it is taking me twice as long to type this because my fingers just won't seem to find the keys correctly (I normally type over 50wpm). I forget things constantly and it's starting to really impact me at work (I'm in a new job and being forgetful is just not a good thing when you are trying to impress a new boss). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Happy Wednesday everyone!

Nicole

I like virgin coconut oil for yeast, and a good probiotic. You also might ask your Dr. about checking your thyroid.

I too love the coconut oil. I can eat that stuff by the spoonful (but I don't, well, not often). I had some brain fog early on, among other gluten sensitivity symptoms. My endo MD suggested magnesium, B-12 and B-complex supplements, in addition to GFCFSF diet. I am not sure which of those three helps the brain fog (perhaps the B-12 because it says for nervous system health) but the combo has definitely worked for me. Good luck!

Do you take any supplements? There might be something in one of them contributing to the brain-fog?