Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mahee34

Extremely Personal........females Only!

For me, the cramps I feel in my legs aren't like charlie horses, more like a dull ache that starts in my low back and pelvic region, travels down the front of my thighs and continues down to my ankles. I have been telling my husband about this for ages, he gives me really good ankle rubs when I'm having this problem. I was reading about endometriosis the other day and one of the symptoms was aches/cramps in your legs and I thought OMG! that's me!

So when you took the med for 6 months and went into menopause, did you stay in menopause after you stopped the drug? While it would be a tough 6 months, I WOULD LOVE THAT!!!!!

Honestly, I used to dream of getting a hysterectomy but my mom's friend got one last year and when I heard the details, I got chicken about the whole thing. Anyway, I'll see the gyne in three weeks so maybe I'll find some good solutions.

Stephanie

Diagnosed by food challenge, 10/04

Gluten-free since 10/04

Gluten-sensitive genes: HLA-DQ 1,3 (Subtype 6,9)

Interstitial Cystitis, 7/07

Fibromyalgia, 6/11

I've had similar pain during intercourse, too, but my doc just figures it's associated with menopause -- early onset due to hysterectomy. Prior to diagnosis, I was told I had adenemyosis a cousin to endo. He's just given me vaginal hormone suppositories I use twice a week. What a hassle! If anyone can give me any info to give to him, let me know. My docs are learning about celiac disease right along with me.

Helen.

Helen Kendrick

Gluten free since 5/03/04

skbird and Jen

The Lupron is for the treatment of endometriosis and after your last dose it takes about 2 months to get over it and it's back to normal periods and no more hot flashes. For me it was a godsent, I was only 20 and not even dating anyone much less ready for a family. They were conserned that my fertility was at stake. It's not a cure all, the endometriosis can return. THey told me it would be seven years. It's been 5 and just now my periods are getting heavier again and my cramps are getting worse, but NOTHING like it was before! I would do it again (although unpleasent) if I had to. It's a rough 6 months, but in comparison to the monthly hell I say it's worth it!! ;)

Wow, thanks for the info. That sounds really intense, but I can understand. I'll do some research on that. Though the rough 6 months is pretty daunting.

Good to know what options exist out there.

Thanks!

Stephanie

Diagnosed by food challenge, 10/04

Gluten-free since 10/04

Gluten-sensitive genes: HLA-DQ 1,3 (Subtype 6,9)

Interstitial Cystitis, 7/07

Fibromyalgia, 6/11

Is the pain on the outside or inside?

I have cysts and they can hurt. (inside)

I went my doctor and he said that I have vestublites (that may be spelt wrong) and this hurts on the outside. It's simply another allergic reaction. I have to wear cotton, white underwear and only use detergents without any dyes or parfume. I cannot use saop with any scent. My Dr. recommended neutrogena. Also do not d%$#@#$!!! I didn't know you are not suppose to and this brought on a PID infection which is one of the worse things that I have ever experienced!! Also, use unscented and white tp, and unscented tampons.

I have been doing this for a few weeks now and I am feeling much better.

I hope this may help!!!!!