Elijah

Hypochondriac Here!

Rate this topic

I will try to make this post as short as I can. I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when I was born, in the last decade or so I contracted diabetes, and I have recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis in my hips. But the reason why I'm posting here is because I have been on some form of ant-acid for over 30 years. I've tried everything to wean myself off of Zantac from drinking apple cider vinegar, to trying mastic gum. But my stomach still hurts during the night, but during the day it doesn't really hurt, it just seems to sap my energy.

After eating a meal, my stomach growls intensely, and I have to take a gargantuan amount of digestive enzymes with my meals to avoid having gas, and no matter how many I take, I still have some.

I'm wondering if alot of my problems arise because of what I put into my body. Since I see enough drs already, I kinda frown on seeing anymore, so does anyone think it's a good idea to go on a gluten free diet for awhile to see if some of my symptoms subside? My gripe is that gluten free food isn't too cheap, and due to my CF, I have to maintain my weight.

I truly believe that many diseases and problems that people have are related to what they ingest in some fashion. That's my opinion anyway. It won't hurt to try gluten free for a while to see how you feel! You dont have to buy all the prepackaged stuff to test this out. I started on gluten free brown/white rice and different kinds of sauteed vegetables/unprocessed meats. You can eat more cheaply that way for now until you see how it works for you.