Bob4962

Heartburn Remidy Suggestion

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I have been gluten free for six weeks and I have cut out all cereals,corn,wheat produtcs, but I am still experiencing a lot of episodes of severe burping and unsteadiness about two hours after meals can anyone suggest anything that may help with the burping. Also seem to have a lot tightness in my neck is this all normal ? Also is ketchup a food to avoid ? Also does toothpaste really affect you ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the whining, just tired of feeling lousy.. :(

Take Care

Bob

Hi all,

I have been gluten free for six weeks and I have cut out all cereals,corn,wheat produtcs, but I am still experiencing a lot of episodes of severe burping and unsteadiness about two hours after meals can anyone suggest anything that may help with the burping. Also seem to have a lot tightness in my neck is this all normal ? Also is ketchup a food to avoid ? Also does toothpaste really affect you ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the whining, just tired of feeling lousy.. :(

Take Care

Bob

You may need a digestive enzyme when you eat? It helps break down the food so your system won't have to work so hard.

Ketchup is ok if your brand is gluten-free. With the gluten-free diet you will have to do a lot of label reading. The same applies to your toothpaste. Anything that goes in your mouth must be free from any gluten for your body to heal.

You should get rid of any non-stick cookware which may have been used to cook gluten items. Porous items like cutting boards, wooden spoons, plastic food storage containers should be tossed too. Get a new toaster, colander, clean or replace your can opener, and replace your toothbrush. It can have gluten from using it before you went gluten-free.

If you have cooked foods with gluten or gluten sauces on your grill, use aluminum foil on it, or replace it.

The tightness in your neck and unsteadiness may take some time to heal..the same with your tummy/gut. It all depends on how much damage you have in your system, how long you've had it, your age, and whether you have any additional food intolerances. The most important thing is to ferret out all sources of gluten and eliminate it.

A diet of whole foods like veggies and fruit, unprocessed meat, eggs, and fish are the best when first starting out.

Good luck to you!

Post any questions you may have. Hopefully we can find answers for you. :D

You could try some peppermint tea for the gassy stomach. Avoiding sugar and dairy can help. Taking probiotics could help too. Check all your vitamins for gluten too.

Hmm, I seem to have the same problem -also over a month gluten-free - although I think I got glutened a few days ago, and now I have it bad. Before I had it just in my last months of pregnancy. What's up with that?

Could we have some baking soda with water like my grandpa did? It doesn't taste good though. :blink:

Hmm, I seem to have the same problem -also over a month gluten-free - although I think I got glutened a few days ago, and now I have it bad. Before I had it just in my last months of pregnancy. What's up with that?

Could we have some baking soda with water like my grandpa did? It doesn't taste good though. :blink:

HI,

You can always try it I guess. Baking soda shouldn't be a problem gluten wise. I wouldn't advise doing that on a regular, ongoing basis though, as it is nuetralizing the stomach acid. And that can be bad as it lets microbes survive the stomach environment and enter the gut. Peppermint relaxes the sphincter muscles and makes it easier to get the gas out, which is a safer treatment IMHO. But peppermint should not be taken constantly either as that muscle relaxation is not good in the long term for gut motility. Either one is ok for a short term helper though. Probiotics, no sugar or carbs and simple foods are a good treatment, plus no alcohol.