Bob4962

Acid Reflux & Vitamins

Rate this topic

Hello,

Has anyone noticed an increase of acid reflux with gluten intolerance ? Also to help with the vitamin defiencies is a Pure Whey a good thing to utilize ? Also any idea how long you would take the Vitamin B & D replacements ???

Have a good day.

Bob B)

Hello,

Has anyone noticed an increase of acid reflux with gluten intolerance ? Also to help with the vitamin defiencies is a Pure Whey a good thing to utilize ? Also any idea how long you would take the Vitamin B & D replacements ???

Have a good day.

Bob B)

Hi Bob,

I am not a supplement guru, but I will comment on the acid reflux part of your question. In my own experience, and I've read others' accounts as well, low acid may be an issue. You know your situation best, but many people with low acid are put on acid blockers (because the symptoms of low acid are similar to those of too much acid), which can exacerbate digestive disequilibrium.

That said, I've heard of two things that could help with too much acid: If you can handle almonds, I know several people who swear by eating a small handful before each meal. Also, if you can handle dairy, having a small glass of milk before bed may help. A celiac friend of mine who barely consumes dairy was doubtful of the milk at bedtime remedy suggested by her doctor, but it has made a huge difference.

Hi Bob,

I am not a supplement guru, but I will comment on the acid reflux part of your question. In my own experience, and I've read others' accounts as well, low acid may be an issue. You know your situation best, but many people with low acid are put on acid blockers (because the symptoms of low acid are similar to those of too much acid), which can exacerbate digestive disequilibrium.

That said, I've heard of two things that could help with too much acid: If you can handle almonds, I know several people who swear by eating a small handful before each meal. Also, if you can handle dairy, having a small glass of milk before bed may help. A celiac friend of mine who barely consumes dairy was doubtful of the milk at bedtime remedy suggested by her doctor, but it has made a huge difference.

That's interesting about the milk. When I had stomach ulcers and a hiatal hernia the doctors and pharmacist told me to lay off milk. I refused because a milkshake calmed my stomach down. They always gave me a weird look about that one.

Hello,

Have a good day.

Bob B)

Thanks for the input I will try the milk, has anyone heard of a test to see if you have to much or to little acid ?

I think a self test is if food sits in your stomach, too little acid. Other than that I don't know.

As far as how long to take vitamins - did you have your levels tested? Mine tested low and I'm testing every 6-4 months.

Whey is milk protein. Do you need protein? Can you eat meat or beans?

I was surprised about the milk suggestion too, but hey, if it works! And a milkshake is even better! :)

I think a self test is if food sits in your stomach, too little acid. Other than that I don't know.

As far as how long to take vitamins - did you have your levels tested? Mine tested low and I'm testing every 6-4 months.

Whey is milk protein. Do you need protein? Can you eat meat or beans?

Well I am told that I need the Whey powder as I am deficient in proteins ands I am not absorbing enough nutrients. I do eat red meat twice a week. The beans not so much, I am trying to get into the taste of them but yuck....

Well I am told that I need the Whey powder as I am deficient in proteins ands I am not absorbing enough nutrients. I do eat red meat twice a week. The beans not so much, I am trying to get into the taste of them but yuck....

Well, if you need protein and can't/won't eat meat/beans then it's an option. Be careful, since it is a milk product - and some Celiacs have a problem with milk. If you have problems with your stomach that won't go away, you may try dropping milk for a while.

I know there are threads on here about protein powders, you may search for them. I don't have experience with them.