Rate this topic

I'm wondering if my grandmother, mother and I all have celiac. My grandmother on mother's side was a carb junkie. She ate bread, pasta and cake. OK, that's enough to make one unhealthy but she lived to be 85. But since I've started suspecting that I have celiac, I wonder if she did too. She was constantly belching and would always be eating (dry, from the bottle) Brioschi. In case people don't know what it is, it's an antacid. She was pretty heavy well into her 80s, which is rare I think. In her early 80s, she was diagnosed with lymphoma, which I now know is a possible consequence of untreated celiac! My mother (her daughter) has had a bad GI system for around 25 years. She's now 83. There are few things she can eat without feeling stomach pains. She has also had a very high platelet count for the past few years. I recently had a "normal" EGD and colonoscopy, negative for H. pylori, celiac biopsy pending. Celiac antibodies negative. Had a stomach ulcer which apparently has healed. Any ideas about my family history? Hopefully this info can also help others if they see similarities.