zapsmom

Questions And Concerns...

Rate this topic

Ok, I am a bit of worried so please bear with me. :) My DD is scheduled for a scope/boi next Wednesday. Well, this morning she woke up with a sinus infection which is right on course to the way her sinus infection go. She did have her andoids outto stop these sinus infections but the sinus infections are still there. Anyway, I am going to call and get her some antiboitics to start right away but I am concern that this will cancel her scope/biospy. I don't want it cancelled b/c it will take probably another month or three to get another appointment. If she is on antibiotic and they still do the scope, will it effect the biospy and the results? Thank you for your patience with my rambling...

The antibiotics shouldn't change the biopsy results. However, our hospital wouldn't do the procedure if a child had a fever or other symptoms of illness. They would re-schedule. I only know this because we were on the "stand-by" list to take an appointment if someone else got re-scheduled.

Hope you can get it cleared up in time.

Cara

I would say they would go ahead with it if she is showing no active signs of being ill.