marys2012

Sensitivities/allergies

Rate this topic

I am in the process of working with a doctor to see if I have celiacs. I definately seem to have an intolerance to gluten, but I am reading so much about food allergies and how badly they can affect our bodies. Should I see my pcp and talk to her about getting tested for food allergies? I have health insurance. In others experiences, were allergy testing covered and what type of doctor did you see? I have been diagnosed with ibs-d and fibromyalgia and I am trying to find out if these are accurate and wonder if food allergies might be a culprit. Thanks for any input. I think my biggest concern is money. Is it worth it and how much did it seem to cost if covered under insurance? I understand that all insurance coverage is different.

Personally I am giving gluten free a shot for atleast 6 months before I look for possible allergies. I believe intolerances are found by elimination and not tests. Our insurance covered all my sons allergy testing last year but all plans are different so its hard to say. Call the 800kids number if the back of the card to inquire about coverage if you want to pursue testing.