Dellers

Coeliac Disease And Anxiety

Rate this topic

Hi, this is the best place for me to post I think. Since a long battle with Doctors trying to prove myself that there was something wrong with me and always hearing its IBS has really affected me so much that now if I get a pain here or there I automatically think its something serious. Its getting to the point now of daily panic attacks or always on the edge about my health encase they are wrong again :( . How do you cope with this ? if you have something similar.

GI causes anxiety feelings, anxiety causes GI issues. They seem to feed on each other and it can be hard to differentiate the two. it used to really tick me off how people were so quick to throw OUT "oh, it's just anxiety..."

I had people tell me that my issues were anxiety. Once I started eating right it was a near instantaneous improvement.

Well first of all, I think you are in the right place! There is so much information here – beyond what you'd even dream of finding. B)

Sometimes what helps me is to document the pain and look for patterns of frequency and/or intensity (increasing/decreasing) over a month or two. You almost helps to think of the doctor's as a resource vs. the be all and end all, if that makes sense.

Hope this helps some!

~Laura

Hi, this is the best place for me to post I think. Since a long battle with Doctors trying to prove myself that there was something wrong with me and always hearing its IBS has really affected me so much that now if I get a pain here or there I automatically think its something serious. Its getting to the point now of daily panic attacks or always on the edge about my health encase they are wrong again :( . How do you cope with this ? if you have something similar.

Have you had your iron levels tested? My anxiety was through the roof when my iron level was low.

I think I'll always have "some" anxiety about getting glutened, but the overwhelming kind went away once I got my iron level up a bit.