rrr22

Managing Fatigue After Gluten'd

Rate this topic

Hello,

I am celiac and need help managing the fatigue I experience in the 1-2 weeks after being gluten'd. I know that I have been gluten'd b/c I begin to get lightheaded and have headaches after eating things I can normally digest.

I increase my daily intake of Vitamin B, however it does not seem to be much help. I only eat things I can easily digest during this time, so I minimize any reactions after eating. I have tried taking otc sleeping pills & ambien, however I am sensitive to them and it just causes more problems.

After I have been gluten'd, am I experiencing fatigue simply b/c my body cannot absorb nutrients well during this time?

I am much better at managing my celiac, however I have not had any luck managing fatigue after being gluten'd -- any suggestions? Thanks.

This is nature's way of telling you that the better you can manage your celiac, the more energy you will have.

It is not so much the absorbing nutrients is wrecked, but being glutened provokes an entire auto- immune reaction, which means parts of your own body are being primed to actually attack other parts, as if they were a foreign invader. It is as if you just gave yourself the flu, over and over again.

One of the ways you can help overcome this, is to work as diligently as possible at keeping yourself in good physical condition when you are not under the influence. Then, on days when you still feel not as prime, you will be expending less effort to keep up.

Thank you for the information. I will concentrate my efforts on getting stronger and avoiding gluten best that I can