Rate this topic

I'm a few weeks pregnant and last pregnancy (was not gluten-free) I had AWFUL morning sickness and had to be on Zofran to be able to leave the house for a few weeks. I'm hoping it won't be so bad this pregnancy, but am preparing in case. I called the company that manufactures Zofran and the answer they gave me was that there is not gluten in the ingredients but they can't guarantee it hasn't come in contact with gluten in the manufacturing process. Anyone have experience with taking Zofran?

yes, i was on it earlier in my pregnancy and it was fine!

I'm a few weeks pregnant and last pregnancy (was not gluten-free) I had AWFUL morning sickness and had to be on Zofran to be able to leave the house for a few weeks. I'm hoping it won't be so bad this pregnancy, but am preparing in case. I called the company that manufactures Zofran and the answer they gave me was that there is not gluten in the ingredients but they can't guarantee it hasn't come in contact with gluten in the manufacturing process. Anyone have experience with taking Zofran?

That's really a very typical response from a drug company and just because they can't guarantee that a drug is gluten-free, it doesn't necessarily mean it contains gluten.

Zofran is on the http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/ list as being gluten-free. This list is maintained by a pharmacist and is updated frequently. I've used this list several times and find it helpful.