MistyRG

It's Official . . .

Rate this topic

I got the results back from my endoscopy, and I do have celiac. I am relieved that I wasn't crazy!! I am VERY thankful to have a great team of doctors that listened to me and ran the tests I requested without question!! I am extremely lucky that my diagnosis took only 2 months from rash to positive diagnosis (though rash is negative for DH! Go figure!!).

So I am officially here . . . and it really hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be!!! :)

Oh . . . and I wake up feeling RESTED for the first time in years!!! I used to blame it on my kids . . . guess it was just the gluten!!! :)

Welcome to the healthier part of the rest of your life ! B)

2 months....... may be the land speed record, or for Guinness Book of World Records.

• Upvote 1

Yes! That's a record! And congrats! I love your attitude! We've gone from "blame it on the kids" to "blame it on the gluten" here as well! Thinking of you!

I got the results back from my endoscopy, and I do have celiac. I am relieved that I wasn't crazy!! I am VERY thankful to have a great team of doctors that listened to me and ran the tests I requested without question!! I am extremely lucky that my diagnosis took only 2 months from rash to positive diagnosis (though rash is negative for DH! Go figure!!).

So I am officially here . . . and it really hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be!!! :)

Oh . . . and I wake up feeling RESTED for the first time in years!!! I used to blame it on my kids . . . guess it was just the gluten!!! :)

I'm so glad for you, that you had doctors who were so responsive! As for the rash, maybe they didn't do the biopsy correctly...I hear they often biopsy the inflamed tissue rather than the tissue near it, and that invalidates the testing.

Anyway, glad to hear you are having such a quick response to the diet! Woo-hoo!

Funny how a diagnosis of such a 'bad' condition can be so relieving, if even just to know we're not 'crazy'! You're lucky to be diagnosed so quickly & good on your detective skills for demanding the tests! Sometimes it really feels like we know more than the doctors do, doesn't it! :)