Scott Adams

Older Celiac Patients on Gluten-free Diet Show Reduced Cognitive ... - Celiac.com

Rate this topic

Bummer.

Thanks for the article though. :)

The devil is in the details,so it is said.

Age of patients when they started the gluten free diet, average, is about 69. And they had been on it an average of 5.5 years? :rolleyes:

That is rather a late start.

I would be more worried about the myriad side effects from all the "maintenance" meds that are shoved upon the American populace as soon as they start reaching age 45+ and up, such as to "control" cholesterol, combined with alcohol(kills brain cells) and tobacco consumption (circulation damage) and poor nutrition from the desire to be "fashionably thin."

The devil is in the details,so it is said.

Age of patients when they started the gluten free diet, average, is about 69. And they had been on it an average of 5.5 years? :rolleyes:

That is rather a late start.

I would be more worried about the myriad side effects from all the "maintenance" meds that are shoved upon the American populace as soon as they start reaching age 45+ and up, such as to "control" cholesterol, combined with alcohol(kills brain cells) and tobacco consumption (circulation damage) and poor nutrition from the desire to be "fashionably thin."

Totally agree with that. Just recently I was reading an interesting article about how statins "help" the body: http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/why_statins_dont_really_work.html