Arkansan

Just Getting Started - Need Relief!

Rate this topic

I have had stomach issues for a while now and just recently have narrowed it down to a gluten intolerance. I have just been gluten free for 2 days now, but my stomach is still going crazy. It rumbles literally non-stop and there is pain just occasionally. Also, I have been fatigued and all that fun stuff that I have read to be common symptoms.

So... I guess my question is how long will I need to be gluten free before I notice a significant change?? Also, is there a certain medication I can take to ease my stomach and make it quit rumbling so frequently until my diet change takes effect??

Thank you ahead of time for your answers!!

The time line varies from individual to individual. Sorry,sad.gif just can't put a # of days on it. But all in all I'm going to say you should begin to get some relief soon. But there will likely be ups & downs. Good days & bad days.

I have dh & not really the GI issues so I really can't give you any advice on what to take for the stomach rumbling but I'm sure someone else will be on here soon to advise you.

Welcome to the board!

Get yourself tested: (it's a blood test), before you go gluten free.!!!

The following are the celiac specific blood tests:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA

Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG

Total Serum IgA

• Upvote 1