Jess and Drez

Probiotics?

Rate this topic

Ive been reading alot about the many benefits of eating fermented foods or taking supplement probiotics for celiacs/gluten sensitivities, and was wondering what other celiacs have experienced with this and what your daily regimen is? I find it hard to get enough fermented foods in my diet and I heard that Braggs ACV is a great place to start. Not all over the counter probiotics are great so was wondering which brands in particular some of you have benefited from. Thanks in advance for any help!

I've read a plethora of supporting posts about Culturelle, so I started taking that 10 days ago. I don't know if it is helping anything or not - I'm new to celiac disease, so my input might not be relevant. Still constipated.

My doc recommended probiotics called Ortho Biotic made by Ortho Molecular Products. She said that typically you want to buy the kind that are refrigerated if you buy them from the store, but these don't have to be refrigerated. They were expensive ($38/60 capsules) but you only take one a day and can tote them around with you. So far, so good. I'll post more if they continue to help.