jmrogers31

1 Year

Rate this topic

July 8th was my 1 year anniversary of going gluten free. I remember the day because it was one of the worst days of my life. I was diagnosed on July 7th, so I went out to eat thinking I would start tomorrow so let's go out with a bang. I had a malt with a big cheeseburger and onion rings knowing I would never have them again. So, Friday rolls around and I felt horrible and my anxiety was to the point where I couldn't sleep at night and felt like I was about to have a nervous breakdown. As I was walking down the hall I felt a weird 'pop' in my head that felt almost like a little jolt of electricity and I lost my vision for a second. I still don't know what that was but it scared my to death. I went home and cryed like a baby and my wife of 6 years had only seen me cry once and I think I freaked out my 4 year old daughter when she saw me. I told my wife something strange had just happened to me and I know something was very wrong. Little did I know that 2 weeks later I would begin to feel less anxiety and 1 year later I feel very calm besides an anxious moment here or there. Anyone else think we should get coins like the give out in AA saying, "1 year clean"? :)

Congratulations!

As for me, the minute I found out I got angry. No coins needed. I thought my favorite foods were pizza, burgers, and I could name 10 others.

The lunch I had today - that is my favorite lunch. It's the lunch that 10 minutes after eating I feel strength instead of drowsiness.

Congrats! And well done! :D

I do kinda feel like we need lil medals of strength or something for each year we go through gluten-free. We are all warriors after all. B)