ShannonA

Frustrated

Rate this topic

Today I tried almond butter being that I am limited to natural foods. Well now my head is hurting. I've been eating on cashews for a while now with no reactions. Why would I react to almond butter? I read the label and the only thing is almonds and salt. I went over my food log and there was nothing else new that I added. This is so frustrating bc I am trying so hard and it seems I keep failing. Also I am bloated.

Headache and bloating are both signs of digestive problems. I have problems with almonds. It may be that your body is ok with cashews and not almonds. You may find that you need to let your system heal more and that you will be able to tolerate almonds later. I'm hoping that will happen for me. B)

We all are different! I react to cashews & pistachio's!

I'm learning, I just figured it was natural so It would be alright. I'll stick to my fruits for a snack.

"Natural" is an abused term in American food manufacturing labeling. Look for "processed in a facility with" warnings, or check online or call the consumer advice number, to see what else was processed on the same lines - that is usually your answer.