jmrogers31

Pain In Back

Rate this topic

Hello Celiac.com community. The last few days I have had pain in my back on the right side right below my rib cage and have been light headed a lot. I know this is where the kidney is located and have been researching some stuff on kidney infections, kidney stones, etc. The thing is, I don't have any of the typical symptoms of blood in urine, pain urinating, fever, etc. I drink a lot of water, so I don't think its dehydration even though I do feel thirsty more often than usual. I just have the pain and headaches/light headed feeling. So my question is, do you think this could be Celiac related? Does anyone have any experience with kidney pain or feeling lightheaded for long periods of time? It probably isn't Celiac related, but just wanted to throw it out there.

I have had kidney stones and kidney infections at various times pre-DX and the pain is UNBEARABLE. :( I vomited, I was dizzy, and I had a fever. The stones have to pass...ugh.

If you had either of those, I would think you would feel so bad, you would go to the ER. I mean, you cannot breathe or walk, it is ridiculously painful.

That said, you describe "feeling more thirsty" and kidney pain can mean so many things, hon.

Go to your doctor to be checked.

Wonky blood sugars comes to mind, and that's just for starters.

but none of us are doctors and we should not speculate too much.

I do not think it is "celiac-related", if you are gluten free and it is persistent.

just my humble opinion.