This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Waking Blood Sugar Of 66

SleepyBunny

SleepyBunny Apprentice

Ok gluten-free and dairy free. Had a few df booboos recently but didn't feel bad from it. Anyways my wellness dr said I have hashimoto's and am on 45mg of compounded Thyroid. A few months ago I had a gtt test. Results:

GTT

Glucose Fasting: 71.2

Glucose 1 hr post load: 185.0

Glucose 2 hr post load: 177.0

Insulin: <2

Lately I still feel like I have some left over brain fog. Like when you think about something too much. That pressure you feel in your head. I haven't felt like exercising. Trouble waking up and falling asleep. Every few days or so I've been testing my bs and it's been between 80-120. This morning I tested it as soon as I woke up it was 66. Even after eating I have just felt like crap today. Wanting to sleep, headache over right eye, any little task seems like running a marathon :( I've noticed when I get home from work at night I just want to keep eating. I'm so frustrated. When I feel like crap I don't know if it's cos of my thyroid or blood sugar. I don't know how to fix all of this. I'm afraid something bad is going to happen and they won't know what to do. I don't even know what to do or what's wrong with me or how to fix it. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

What is it that you are regularly eating?

SleepyBunny Apprentice

Well for a while I was eating chicken, turkey, carrots, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, apples, peaches, honeydew, olives, broccoli, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, and protein shakes. I was doing ok but not 100%. As you can imagine I've gotten bored. My wellness dr wanted me to fast again cos I started craving sugar. So I fasted and it was around my husband's Bday and I just got so tired of being restricted so I started eating what I wanted and not on much of a schedule. (by eating what I want I do mean gluten-free and dairy free) I want to eat well but I keep craving sugar. Why am I craving what is causing my body damage? I just don't understand all of this or know what to do. My wellness dr has explained it to me and at the time it made sense but now I'm confused all over again.I ate some fries after having a rice cake with almond butter last night before bed. I test my sugar after eating it and it was right under 120. I felt fine. Actually I felt good eating potatoes. But I guess they burned to quick while I slept? I dunno help :(

1desperateladysaved Proficient

I ate some fries after having a rice cake with almond butter last night before bed. I test my sugar after eating it and it was right under 120. I felt fine

You might try having more protein for such a snack. Perhaps the almond butter did not contain enough fat and protein to offset the carbs. You might try an egg or cheese for protein with the rice cake and save the potatoes for another time. Fruit is high in sugar so have a bit along with your meal, but do it sparingly with blood sugar problems.

Have you ever read up on Candida? You describe what happens when you got back on Carbs fairly well. It seems like your body screams for more. Hang in there, keep using your head to find an eating balance, and stick to it. Eventually your cravings to sweets should get less. I know it may not sound too fun, but the benefits are worth it.

alertness

Clear mind

Energy

Healthy appetite

I got my ideas from my chiropractor and came from almost dying to feeling okay. That is why I know this could work for you.

Health to you,

DT

SleepyBunny Apprentice

.I ate some fries after having a rice cake with almond butter last night before bed. I test my sugar after eating it and it was right under 120. I felt fine

You might try having more protein for such a snack. Perhaps the almond butter did not contain enough fat and protein to offset the carbs. You might try an egg or cheese for protein with the rice cake and save the potatoes for another time. Fruit is high in sugar so have a bit along with your meal, but do it sparingly with blood sugar problems.

Have you ever read up on Candida? You describe what happens when you got back on Carbs fairly well. It seems like your body screams for more. Hang in there, keep using your head to find an eating balance, and stick to it. Eventually your cravings to sweets should get less. I know it may not sound too fun, but the benefits are worth it.

alertness

Clear mind

Energy

Healthy appetite

I got my ideas from my chiropractor and came from almost dying to feeling okay. That is why I know this could work for you.

Health to you,

DT

Thank you for your reply. Is it ok to pig out on protein before bed? Lol I'm fine at work with the food I take but as soon as I get home I want food. I don't even think I feel it in my stomach though. It's my mind telling me EAT!!! I get kinda pushy about it too lol I need to find something that is ok to pig out on that isn't going to screw with my bs or make me gain weight. Lemme guess vegetables! :rolleyes: why can't we crave the nasty vegetables that are ok for us? Lol what fruits are ok? I keep hearing and reading different info about which fruits are high and low glycemic. How long did it take for you to level everything out? What kind of stuff did you eat? My chiro tested me for yeast I believe don't know if there's a separate test for Candida or if that's the same thing?

Archived