Rosies

Flour Mix Ideas

Rate this topic

Hi everyone new to the boards. Just wanted to throw something out there, was thinking about developing a site where you can order "flour by the cup". It just seems like everyone has these great receipes but you need to spend so much on all the different flours. If you could go to one site and order specialty mixes an example would be 2 cups of white rice flour, 1/4 cup of brown rice flour, 1/2 cup topioca starch and 1/4 cup of potato starch. I know there are already premixes out there but there are not too many different varities. I buy all the different type of flour and as I am not a full time baker most of the packages go to waste as I only use 1/4 cup here and 1/2 cup there...

Thanks everyone for any input!

I love the idea , but... the problem I see is shipping will still cost a lot. For the cost of shipping I can buy a couple of pounds of rice flour/tapioca starch and mix it myself.

It might work out as bulk purchases as it's tough to have 5 or 6 1 lb bags of assorted flours/starches on hand.

Would you have options like resistant starch , almond flour and coconut flour or just rice, potato and tapioca ?

Thanks! It would (at some point) have all the flours and starches as well as the misc items baking powder/soda, xanthan gum, etc. whatever you need to make the mix you

As an old timer with celiac I can't see how flours are wasted.. Just keep them int the freezer & you always have them on hand.. I bake alot but I always have gluten-free flours/starches available as I don't have access to run to a local store tp purchase so I buy in bulk..

Plus for me the cost of buying only a cup of this or that would be costly plus shipping....buying a 3# bag of mixed flour is about $20.00 so baging less is always more costly , then add-in packaging...

Plus there are so many mixes now available plus a few new ones coming out at the end of the year......

I know I would not purchase it...great idea to split with your local celiac buddies...I just don't see it flying on a national basis...sorry...