Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiac2

What Is Normal Now?

I have only been diagnosed four years but have had diarrhea for 40 years with no known cause. ( lots of doctors guessed at a cause, stress, cancer, etc. !!!!!!!) However, I have never been depressed , although was very anemic and was very thin,. I think the fact that I have always taken lots of vitamins and supplements was what kept me alive and kicking. I usually have a lot of energy when awake but can sleep 9 hours at night.

I never left the house for work, etc without taking two emodium or a generic anti-diarrheal. It kept me from feeling anxious about being too far from a bathroom!!! You might see if this helps you.

Since I retired from teaching art, I stay very busy with my crafts, etc, which I sell at shows and this keeps me totally occupied and I really never worry about myself.

The last time I visited my mother, I asked her if she would be offended if I took over her kitchen and she said that she would be offended it I didn't. No problem!!!

Think happy thoughts and stay busy.

Rose

Join eNewsletter

Several weeks after I went gluten-free, my bowel movements got normal with a rear exception. And I used to have such severe diarrhea that sometimes I failed to reach the bathroom in my apartment (3 to 4 yard distance!). This expectation that you won't make it is such an embarrasment! I also used to be depressed for many years, when I had no knowledge of existance of such a disease as gluten intolerance, many years on meds. Now, it's OK, though from time to time I have very mild relapses. Generally, now I feel really good (I don't cheat on my diet at all). I don't consider myself as a sick person. I just have a special diet. Who does not now? Everybody is on some kind of diet. Mine is gluten-free. So what? Well, I still have a problem. I'm single, 54, it is a problem to find a boyfriend at this age, especially when you are looking for a serious long-term relationship. On several occasions, when men were about to take me out on the first date and I told them about my gluten-free problem, I never heard from them again. In all the other aspects my life is as good as never before.

Alexa

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter