bossley

Whole Foods

Rate this topic

A lot of you told me to do whole foods. I'm going to try that next. What about nuts,pistashios. Are they ok for whole food list? Someone said it's the hunters diet. Eat what you would hunt or gather. I would gather nuts,right? I have to try something because I had another attack, I think it was soy this time. My face is still swollen,and my nose is closed. Why can't my feet swell or something else,why my face !!!

Whole foods = nothing packaged other than frozen fruits or veggies (but none with sauces etc...) meats, fruits, veggies, eggs, nuts, seeds such as sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds etc.. Celiacs often can not tolerate soy --- I am one of those.

Whole foods means do not eat even gluten-free processed foods.

Be careful of nuts. Often they are run on the same lines as wheat....it was awful for me. I think folks here have said Planters don't make them sick. I haven't tried them. Maybe people will pipe in as to which nuts are ok so you don't have to get sick. I found almonds and cashews with the label processed in a facility that also processes wheat. I won't eat them. Some people are not bothered by foods with that statement, but some of us are...and I am one of them, so I thought it worth mentioning to you. Nuts in the shell would be ok of course.

My face swells with soy too!

It's amazing when you find someone with the same symptoms as you. People have always looked at me like I was crazy when I told them my face swelled when I ate certain things. Nice to know I'm not nuts

Nuts are great. The whole foods program I am doing recommends eating them in moderation, though. So... I'm trying to use restraint.

I will second what eatmeat4good said, though. Be really careful about where you get your nuts. Sometimes it is hard to find nuts that weren't processed in a facility that processes wheat. But they are out there.

I have read on the Planters Spanish Peanuts which I happen to have a can of here that it says: Manufactured on equipment that processes tree nuts. Period. I can't vouch for ALL the Planters nuts but that's what the one I have says. You can get nuts from Nuts.com & they are certified gluten-free. I get all my nuts from there except the spanish peanuts b/c they don't have them. I get a lot of stuff from them ---gluten-free flours, flax, chia seed etc....

Planters is a Kraft company and they have a policy of labeling any food with gluten in it. So if yo see a Kraft or one of htei companies, (like planters) product the lingr3e4dinet should include the gluten ingredients if they are present. You still have to read the labels.

My feet and ankles swell instead of my face. Not sure that is better since it makes walking a little stiff.