- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Summertime Watermelon Lime Coolers (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 08/12/2014 - Here’s another easy summertime drink that will turn a few heads. It blends watermelon with sweetened lime juice and crushed ice to deliver a refreshing burst of summer!
- 8-10 cups seedless watermelon chunks (about 2 pounds)
- 2-3 tablespoons Rose’s Lime Juice, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups crushed ice
- lime slices for garnish
- vodka, rum, or tequila, as desired (select gluten-free varieties if you have concerns)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth (add a few tablespoons of water, if necessary).
Add lime juice to get desired sweetness.
Transfer to a pitcher filled with ice and serve in tall glasses.
Garnish with lime slices.
For a grown-up version, add vodka to taste, as desired.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).