2 replies to this topic

#1 Serielda

Serielda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Since I am in the process of learning new things, I am opting to learn a programing language. I am toying with  C++ or  Python much later but to get a basic understanding of loops and such I am opting to learn from a book called php,javascript and mysql. Anyone on here have scripting or coding experience? I already know HTML, and I am looking to  move from desktop support to coding. Any advice from those who are experienced in this your help is appreciated greatly.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

I don't have any helpful advice, and know nothing about coding or programing or any of that. But this year I made a resolution to better myself in some way. My husband got my kitchen knives for Christmas and I have spent some time watching videos and reading, trying to learn to use them more appropriately. I picked up a gardening/farming book at the library so my husband and I can attempt to be better with our garden and get new ideas for next year. I have also decided to finally stop making excuses and attempt to learn German. So good for you! Best of luck in your journey. I think we should all continue to strive to improve ourselves, even in small ways.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:22 AM

I did some programming but that was years ago and I forgot most of it.  I think if you learn Basic you can get most of the concepts from any language.  Although Java and and some other languages include instances and such that are used in newer Windows type operating systems that I am not sure they have in Basic.  So maybe Java would be a better introductory language.  Basic is just more "Englishy" though so it's better for beginners to learn on.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: