Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TracyFL

Beauty And Personal Care Products

So, been reading about how I also need to avoid gluten in my shampoo/conditioner, lotions, etc.  Is Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein safe, or is that gluten?  It's so confusing!!!

So, been reading about how I also need to avoid gluten in my shampoo/conditioner, lotions, etc.  Is Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein safe, or is that gluten?  It's so confusing!!!

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein is so very processed that generally nothing remains of the offending gluten.  But many people here prefer not to use products that indicates HWP.  If it was in my most favorite shampoo, I would use it. :) If it were in my lipstick, I'd think about it psychologically, not intellectually. ;) 

The motto here is often,  "When in doubt, don't".

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein is so very processed that generally nothing remains of the offending gluten.  But many people here prefer not to use products that indicates HWP.  If it was in my most favorite shampoo, I would use it. :) If it were in my lipstick, I'd think about it psychologically, not intellectually. ;)

The motto here is often,  "When in doubt, don't".

Well I finally found a shampoo and conditioner that actually tames my wild curly frizzy hair, so I think for now I'll chance it. ;)  Now to find some gluten free lip balm, which I use costantly, lol