Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifenergy

4 Yr Old Complaining Of Sore Tummy And Vomited Today

My 4 year old son turned white this morning after eating shortbread cookies and then threw up. After that he was totally fine. It does not appear to be the flu.

I have been suspecting gluten sensitivity for a while now b/c he has been complaining that his tummy hurts and he's been having headaches occasionally too. I am gluten intolerant, but have never been diagnosed. I have him scheduled for a blood test tomorrow morning.

Has anyone ever experienced these same symptoms with their child? His poop has been kind of alternating between diarrhea and constipation too. So all the symptoms seem to point to Celiac, but the vomiting took my by surprise today. Thanks for any input.

I'm sorry that your child is sick.  My son vomits from gluten.  He doesn't generally vomit right after eating it though.  He usually is sick in the morning and then improves thought the day and then would be sick again the next morning.  He was diagnosed at age 10.

I'm new here. My 6 year old is currently undergoing testing for Celiac's. His blood test was positive and we are going for the biopsy on June 19th.

That said...those are pretty much the exact symptoms he's been experiencing since January. We had an xray done and he is full of stool and along with that and localized pain in his abdomen we were sent to a pediatric GI. They tested his blood and here we are.

He has complained of a stomach ache every single day since January. He's vomited randomly, with no one else in the house being sick and no other symptoms of anything. His stools would vary from diarrhea to pebbles to normal. He has occasional headaches as well and he has been complaining of random things hurting (though I can't tell if they are really hurting him or if he's just adding on) and his behavior has been off as well.

On top of being positive for Celiac's he's also shown a vitamin D deficiency.

Hugs to your little guy. Stomach pain and vomiting is no fun especially when it's often and you can't find a reason for it.