Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandiwine

gluten-free Resturant Challenge

How difficult do you see it being to launch and successfully hold open a gluten-free all organic eatery?

I'm going back to school and this is my dream, I'm trying to decide how practical the idea of this is.... Can I pull in enough customers to be successful? Please give me any pros or downfalls you see in making this work....

I think its a wonderful idea.  We have a totally gluten free café and bakery in our town, and we love it.  It is only opened during the day. I would love to have one that is opened in the evening too.  This business started with just one gluten free bakery, than expanded in a suburb opening the gluten free café and they sell the bakery items there also, and now they are opening another café location in the same city as the bakery - so they must do good. They are busy every time we visit. When we travel, the first thing we look for in the towns we are visiting is if their are any gluten free cafes or restaurants. We don't want to be sick while traveling, so that is our first thing we look for.  I guess it would depend on how large your city is where you live. I'm not a business person at all, but I love when I find a good totally gluten free restaurant (they seem to be very few and far between)