Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaulM

Buying Gluten Free Products In Czech Or Online.

New to all this as I have only been diagnosed as having Celiac Disease. I live in Brno, Czech Republic and asking if anyone knows where I can find a good range of Gluten free products here or online. 

Just trying to find information to get me on the right road. 

New to all this as I have only been diagnosed a having Celiac Disease. I live in Brno, Czech Republic and asking if anyone knows where I can find a good range of Gluten free products here or online. 

Just trying to find information to get me on the right road.

I love the Czech Republic! Can you get Schar products there? When I travel internationally it is the company I find most often. They have breads, baguettes, rolls, cookies, pasta, breadsticks...

I'll try to find them. Google is my best bet.

Yes, that is true. Good luck with finding good brands. :-) I have found Schar in Italy, Slovenia and Croatia so far.

Sorry. My response somehow made it into the box thing!

Thanks Emily, might be worth a trip. Finding more and more things I can eat, still I'm pretty well resigned to adjusting my recipes and cooking for myself. The only thing I will miss is M & S Crumpets. Unless I can get these. http://glutenfreeb.com/2012/05/23/made-without-wheat-crumpets-marks-spencer/

I saw the gluten-free crumpets at Central Market in Fort Worth,TX when I went there yesterday to get a large haul of gluten-free bread for my freezer.  So, they ARE out there! :)  

Also I found this article online speaking of Amazon.com's plans to extend into the Czech Republic.  So maybe they will come about soon and make online ordering of some things a little easier!  

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/26/amazon-czech-idUSL6N0DD2BL20130426

Paul I wish you luck finding supplies you need, eventually you will uncover places you can stock up at.  If you are like me and enjoy cooking, adjusting recipes is actually pretty easy when you make things from scratch, and it is fun.

Good news about Amazon, all I need is Ebay to do the same. LOL

The selection of foods here is very different from the UK and US. It's something I got used to or cooked my own meals.