Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amythyst

My Celiac Panel Results?

Hi there, I was hoping you guys could help me understand my Celiac Panel results... my Endocrinologist did the test and she just called me and said my Celiac test was positive and I had celiac disease and I should go see a Gastro doctor.  She also sent me my results and I'm just a little confused by the results.... I have tried looking stuff up, but it is all over my head. :)

Immunoglobulin A Value:  660 (h) Range: 81-463mg/dl

Gliadin AB, IgA  Value:  22(a)  <20 Antibody not detected  > or =20 antibody detected

Transglutaminase IgA  Value:  1  <4 no antibody detected > or =4 antibody detected

So, I'm wondering what my Immunoglobulin A value means since it seems way higher than the range.  And is the Gliadin AB antibody indicating that I have Celiac?  Cause the last test appears to be normal ... so I really have no idea what each of these tests mean and what the results mean. :(  I still need to go to the gastro and everyone told me not to go gluten free until I go to the gastro doctor.  We just bought a house and are about to move, so I haven't had time to find a doctor and go...

Thanks!