Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mcfmommy

White Froth And Oil Floating On Water After Yellowish "d". Is This A Sign Of Celiac?

I get the white froth after eating a meal with fats (healthy fats too) if I eat avocado I get it too. For me it is related to my celiac, as I am not absorbing fats. So I get floating frothy oily stools (sorry tmi) It could very well be a symptom of fat malabsorbtion do you have other symptoms?

I think IBS could cause that but we all know IBS is just a cop out diagnosis

I have lots of problems. I have alternated between constipation and painful diarreah for a year now. Constant chronic headaches, occasional migraines. Tingling and numbness with muscle weakness in right arm, left eye twitches, I burp a lot. Wake up in the middle of the night due to diarreah. INSOMNIA. Anxiety, weight gain, recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and glaucoma. Chronic fatigue. The GI issues will come on super quick and I HAVE to stop what I'm doing to RUN to the bathroom. I take high quality probiotics everyday. I was perfectly healthy until about 3 years ago when all this started. Recently I have had difficulty breathing, like I can't get enough air, or I almost forget to breathe, then my heart races and I take a big breath. I have started having trouble swallowing like I mildly choke on my own saliva even. I am clumsy and drop things ALL THE TIME. I was attributing it to weight gain and laziness but something is wrong. I just know. I eat pretty healthy (unless of course I'm gluten sensitive in which case I'm poisoning myself). Otherwise lots of veggies, etc. the weight gain is frustrating as I've gained a lot and with no good reason!

Oh, I also have asthma that comes and goes. If that makes sense. I have an inhaler which I rarely have to use but then I'll get pneumonia or bronchitis and I was in the ER last year with pneumonia.

and you haven't been tested? thyroid issues are very common in celiac and you already have all the GI symptoms. sounds like you have some GERD going on as well. I suffered from that and had the difficulty swallowing with it, that could probably be the reason for you getting short of breath. I was diagnosed with asthma, moderate persistent, and it doesn't come and go so that sounds like maybe the reflux is causing you to be short of breath. I would make an appointment with a GI doctor

and you haven't been tested? thyroid issues are very common in celiac and you already have all the GI symptoms. sounds like you have some GERD going on as well. I suffered from that and had the difficulty swallowing with it, that could probably be the reason for you getting short of breath. I was diagnosed with asthma, moderate persistent, and it doesn't come and go so that sounds like maybe the reflux is causing you to be short of breath. I would make an appointment with a GI doctor

Oh yea, I forgot to mention I sometimes get reflux. It will wake me up in the middle of the night and I can't breathe because my throat is closed up. I gasp for air and it takes a while to calm it all back down. I don't sleep we'll at all. No more than 45 minutes at a time so I am always tired. I'm getting tested tomorrow for celiac. The thyroid problem was just discovered 6 weeks ago. Is it mandatory to get the endoscopy? I'm scared of that.

your still eating gluten right? you need to be eating gluten for the test to be accurate.

don't be scared of the biopsy, we have all done it and you don't even know it's happening. you are given a sedative and I don't remember anything! the only thing I had was a little sore throat after. I had to have an endometrial biopsy and that was far worse.

you will most likely have to have the biopsy if you have positive or unconclusive blood tests.

insomnia is also a symtpom. I have been gluten free since July and still can't sleep right!

I just got back from my GI doc with some of your symptoms. His diagnosis was a malfunctioning gallbladder. So now I get to have an ultrasound and HIDAscan. 

When you get the yellow D, does it burn? That's also an indication of gallbladder issues. I also have a full feeling right under my rib cage about an hour or so after I eat. 

My issues with swallowing come from GERD and a hiatal hernia. He mentioned today that he could stretch my esophagus whenever I felt I needed it. 

I just got back from my GI doc with some of your symptoms. His diagnosis was a malfunctioning gallbladder. So now I get to have an ultrasound and HIDAscan. 

When you get the yellow D, does it burn? That's also an indication of gallbladder issues. I also have a full feeling right under my rib cage about an hour or so after I eat. 

My issues with swallowing come from GERD and a hiatal hernia. He mentioned today that he could stretch my esophagus whenever I felt I needed it.

Yes after the third yellow d it burns because it is basically just bile and un or semi digested food. I just had a CT scan and blood work 2 weeks ago and gall bladder looks good. So I don't think it's that. What does stretching your esophagus do? I really feel that once I'm allowed to go gluten free the acid reflux and D will go away. My yellow D will happen like 3 days and nights in a row about 6 times each 24 hours and then go away for a couple days. Acid reflux doesn't happen as frequently. 4 or 5 times a month. My celiac test is tomorrow so I had toast for breakfast this morning and got reflux and gas 10 minutes after I was done eating.

I have such a wide array of symptoms that my doc has been treating individually and I'm just hoping the celiac brings it all together. Because it seems the way things have been going: treating everything as separate, as soon as the doc treats one thing another crops up.

Synopsis of symptoms:

Weight gain

Diarrhea alternating with constipation

Muscle twitching

Nerve problems (tingling and numbness in right arm and left leg) nerve conduction and emg and MRI found herniated disc in neck

Headaches (everyday) migraines a few times a year

Hypothyroid

High blood pressure ( last few months)

Burp all the time

Major insomnia

Wake up during night with either acid reflux or diarrhea several times a week

Major anxiety particularly the last few weeks, with rapid heart and trouble breathing

Found out last week I have glaucoma (could be steroid induced)

Dry skin

Squamous cell carcinoma (age 22, getting another biopsy next week)

Cataract (since age 22)

Chronic fatigue

Severe vitamin D deficiency

Sun allergy

I'm also getting a sleep study Saturday because ophthalmologist suspects apnea due to the damage done to my optic nerves ( not enough oxygen)

Make sure you let your doctor know that D is waking you up at night. Stress that as some doctors only listen to half of what we say. IBS does not wake people up from sleep so that symptom will rule out IBS. From your symptom list I would think you are one of us and as soon as you can get yourself gluten free you should see relief although it can take a bit of time.

Basically when you have lots of reflux/acid it causes the esophagus to narrow. My Grandfather has to get his stretched every few years, too. When they did my endoscope my esophagus was swollen, so I opted to wait a while and see what happens.  

When I looked up gallbladder symptoms after my appointment I did read about people who don't get stones but get sludge or sandy bile that causes problems which would not show on an ultrasound. 

I had a sleep study done about a year ago. It showed that I have sleep apnea. I tried a CPAP for a couple of months but actually slept worse. I'm hoping that fixing deviate septum in my nose will help with it. If not I'm getting a mouth guard.