markhansen

Why Do I Feel Like I'm Slowly Becoming Crippled!

Rate this topic

I'm hoping someone can help me or at least guide me in the right direction. I'm 35 male which I use to consider very healthy and active but the last 2 years strange things have been happening to my body and preventing me to do things that I love and live a normal life. I've been in CONSTANT pain day in and day out and it all started in my feet and slowly started migrating to my ankle, right knee, hip, achilles and between my shoulder blades. My left foot 2 years ago started with heel pain which i'm convinced was never PF, that went away but then my knee started to hurt and it's been inflammed for the past 5 months, seems it's never going to get better. My right heel started getting painful and hasn't gotten better either. It feels like it's nerve related. My arch is fine. My hip hurts.. in and around the top of the bone and the back of my neck (between my shoulder blades) hurts alot! Sensitive when i touch the spine. I get a lot of clicking in my shoulder when I try and raise my arm. it just seems like a lot of it is tendon related.

I've spent over 2k in chiro treatments, acupuncture... you name it! Been seeing doctors, my RF is normal range however my CRP is a bit high given my body has been inflammed.

I started noticing that each time that I eat something with Gluten in it.. I begin to get strange symptoms like rashes all over my arms, floaters in my eyes, difficulty concentrating (brain fog). The other night I had chinese food. 2 HRS later I couldn't get off the couch without screaming in pain. My knee and feet were very painful. I don't have any gastro issues though. My stomach is fine. I asked my doctor to test me for Celiac and he refused because I wasn't experiencing GI tract issues like cramps, pain, bloating and running to the bathroom.

I've been under ALOT of stress the past 3 years in my personal life and work. Could my body be starting to become gluten intolerant and not absorbing correctly?

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.

I would switch to a new doctor (if he still refuses to order a Celiac Panel after a call to his nurse or M.A. demanding a test.)

I frequently remind my doctors to run celiac labs even if their patients don't have gastro issues. One of them ran a panel on a patient who had excruciating back pain with no other symptoms after she ran every test she could think of. The patient ended up having celiac disease.

Just bear in mind that you can go gluten-free for free to see if it helps, but you won't have the diagnosis. There are advantages and disadvantages to getting dx'd. (Plenty of posts on the forum about this topic, btw.) If you want to get tested, then you must continue consuming gluten.

I hope you get relief from your pain.

M

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.

I would switch to a new doctor (if he still refuses to order a Celiac Panel after a call to his nurse or M.A. demanding a test.)

I frequently remind my doctors to run celiac labs even if their patients don't have gastro issues. One of them ran a panel on a patient who had excruciating back pain with no other symptoms after she ran every test she could think of. The patient ended up having celiac disease.

Just bear in mind that you can go gluten-free for free to see if it helps, but you won't have the diagnosis. There are advantages and disadvantages to getting dx'd. (Plenty of posts on the forum about this topic, btw.) If you want to get tested, then you must continue consuming gluten.

I hope you get relief from your pain.

M

I'm getting tested tomorrow. Tonight I had 3 slices of pizza and a pita lol. Hopefully it's enough for tomorrow mornings blood test.

I'm getting tested tomorrow. Tonight I had 3 slices of pizza and a pita lol. Hopefully it's enough for tomorrow mornings blood test.

I hope those tests will give you definitive results. Prediagnosis I did have pain that began in my feet that eventually worked its way high upon my legs.  Supplements helped with my pain.  Shortly before going gluten free I said to my doctor that "Every tissue in my body feels irritated."  I had celiac disease symptoms for 30 years and these included brain fog and extreme fatigue.  I also had painless bloating.  You can have celiac and not have diarrhea, but some doctors don't know it.  I hope you will be able to get good help and will soon be marveling because your feet don't hurt.  I have done that.

D