MarionG

Is Simply Organic Gluten Free Made In A Dedicated Facility?

Rate this topic

Hi All, 

I keep getting gluted from something and I'm trying to find the culprit. I was wondering if anyone has had reactions to Simply Organic baking mixes? like the brownies or cake mixes? 

Thank you!

Marion

I just looked at their web site and their gluten-free products are certified. That means they test them. But I did not see any baking mixes. It was all spices and dressings and salsa and gravy mixes, that kind of thing. What kind of baking mixes do you have?

I think the people to answer the questions about how they are made would be the company?  There are things in gluten-free baking that are not always in gluten baking - like gums.  These gum can be a problem for people to digest (not a gluten issue).

It looks like they may have discontinued the baking mixes.  Maybe just some left on store shelves?

Thank you for the replies!

These baking mixes were probably discontinued I got them at grocery outlet. The company told me they do test for gluten but they're not made in a gluten free facility. 

The ingredients of the cocoa brownie mix are: Cane sugar, brown rice flour, cocoa powder (processed with alkali), potato starch, natural flavor (maltodextrin, cocoa butter), xanthan gum, sea salt, baking soda. 

I always thought maltodextrin had gluten in it? How can it say gluten free if it has maltodextrin? 

That's really interesting that some people react to gums, I'll have to do more research on that. I think for now i'm going to stick to non-packaged foods, seems too risky. 

Thank you, 

Marion

Thank you for the replies!

These baking mixes were probably discontinued I got them at grocery outlet. The company told me they do test for gluten but they're not made in a gluten free facility. 

The ingredients of the cocoa brownie mix are: Cane sugar, brown rice flour, cocoa powder (processed with alkali), potato starch, natural flavor (maltodextrin, cocoa butter), xanthan gum, sea salt, baking soda. 

I always thought maltodextrin had gluten in it? How can it say gluten free if it has maltodextrin? 

That's really interesting that some people react to gums, I'll have to do more research on that. I think for now i'm going to stick to non-packaged foods, seems too risky. 

Thank you, 

Marion

Maltodextrin might be a bit confusing with the " malt" part. But it doesn't have gluten.