Rate this topic

Hey Guys,

This is my first post, but I read your forum all the time. It's been really helpful when I have reactions, so thanks everyone for creating this community :) 

Ii was wondering if anyone reacts to Alter Eco Chocolates? There are a few threads about their grains (quinoa, particularly) which many of you seem to have trouble with. But their chocolate is one of the few soy-free options available to me, so I get a bar every once in a while. This week I've had 2 bars (my goodness!) starting on Monday, and today I'm reacting pretty badly. I was just wondering if anyone else had problems. 

Kim

On their website, all of their chocolate bars' labels state they are made on shared equipment with soy.  Possibly the bars you ate were cross contaminated?   You might contact them and ask about that possibility.   http://www.alterecofoods.com/products/chocolate  I hope you are able to continue to enjoy chocolate occasionally!  

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, ItsTheLittleThings said:

I know this conversation is old, but I have definitely been reacting to Alter Eco chocolate bars.  Never again.  (no reactions to other chocolates, dairy, or soy)

Well this is my first time to write on a blog.  I am so unhappy with manufacturers using gluten-free as a way to sell more products.  I ate a contaminated dose of alter eco dark chocolate truffles.  The bag says "Certified Gluten-Free" but I have found several conversation on this website discussing other products sold by this manufacturer that have caused problems for celiac sufferers.  I think it's time this information is combined from the Celiac site and shared with this manufacturers.  This is false advertising and dangerous.