Rate this topic

So I'm hoping someone can help me.  I know a while back while I was waiting for doctor's orders I saw somewhere that said the test codes, unfortunately I cannot find those now.  So, anyway, my doctor ordered these two tests, celiac:  CPT 82784 gluten: CPT 83516, will these be sufficient?  I had the blood drawn today, and would also like to know how long the test will take to come back. 

On a good note, my doctor had originally asked me to go through my allergist, but when I went in to see them, I was seen by a new doc that I really felt blew me off.  Said I HAD to go see a GI before having the test done, or that I SHOULD see one prior.  Anyway when I told my doc this, she said she would go ahead and order the tests and then we could discuss the results and go from there.  

Thanks for listening,

Kandi

I googled those test numbers...

The 82784 looks to be the complete panel:

Total Serum IgA

tTG-IgA and tTG-IgG

DGP-IGA and DGP-IgG

EMA-IgA will be run if tTG-IgA is positive.

It looks like the 83516 is another tTG-IgA with EMA if tTG is positive.

So it LOOKS like you have correct testing ordered, but do be sure to get written or electronic copies of results to be certain what was run.

Thank you and I appreciate that you checked it out for me, I tried to google it but it was all foreign to me.   :)

Thanks,

Kandi

No problem...good luck :)