cosmicmouse

How Do Igg/iga Levels Develop?

Rate this topic

Just interested really.

I just had my coeliac blood test back, which was thankfully negative. I got tested mainly because my mum is coeliac, and my daughter is in the process of being tested. I have had vague IBS symptoms for forever, but nothing definitively coeliac. I figured now would be a good time to get tested.

Anyway, I notice that both my IGG and IGA figures are at the higher end of normal.

IGG - 11.5 (range 6.0 - 16.0)

IGA - 2.1 (range 0.6 - 2.8)

IGM - 2.0 (range 0.5 - 1.9)

Serum total protein level - 69 (range 60.0 - 80.0)

Do these levels gradually increase over time and it's when they hit a certain level that coeliac is triggered? Or do they tend to be static? Or are they fairly meaningless unless over the normal range?

Understand that I'm not trying to look for a diagnosis that's not there. I'm honestly interested in how it works.

Celiac antibodies go up over time.  First degree relatives (a child of a Celiac, fr example) should be tested every 2-3 years.  Celiac can start at any time.  You could even be in the very early stages and haven't made enough antibodies to show up high in a blood test.

Please read this and show it to your doctor if they are clueless.

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/living-with-celiac/guide/screening