w8in4dave

Dermatologist Appt.

Rate this topic

I went to see the dermatologist today ... My big toe nails came off , hair falling out, and I had a couple of spots I wanted him to look at. My Dr. sent the toenail that came off in to be tested for fungal ,and it was not fungal. So thats why he sent me to the derm guy. Ok Well my toenails he said looked like Lichen Planus, And yes I have that so that made since, My hair is most likely from stress, and one spot he froze off the other spot he took a biopsy of. So all my worries are making my hair fall out lol. The ridges in my nails are also from my Lichen Planus Sooo at least I know I don't have something gross lol it's not catchy! He did tell me if you get a bad rash that itches really bad come back to me. Alot of people with Celiac get that bad rash. I'm like ohh don't even mention a rash because I will get it! 

I had to google lichen planus because I have never heard of it. Learn something new every day. Hopefully your stress levels can come down so your hair doesn't keep falling out!! But wig shopping could be fun... (enter 80s costuming sequence with catchy song overdubbed) ... silver lining? ;)

LOL Moose :) Hey i'm allergic to silver can I get a gold lining? Hahaha

LOL Moose :) Hey i'm allergic to silver can I get a gold lining? Hahaha

Here is a gold lining - the. "celiac rash" isn't likely to happen to a celiac who is gluten free and have never had DH before. Nice the derm knew there was something! Too bad he didn't really know anything about it.

Here is a gold lining - the. "celiac rash" isn't likely to happen to a celiac who is gluten free and have never had DH before. Nice the derm knew there was something! Too bad he didn't really know anything about it.

I sure hope not! Thanks !! That makes me feel so much better! Yea I guess he isn't a "Real" Derm He was a P.A. So I will let him slide! I know you guys know more about this stuff than most Drs. I sure hope I don't ever get the "Rash" gosh I don't know how some of you deal with it all. I did have a rash on my back at first but it wasn't DH and it's gone, thank goodness!! Whew! Gotta love gold linings :)