tristansmom

Tell Me About The Endoscopy (8 Year Old)

Rate this topic

He will be sedated, but the good news is that if he can take the IV without a fight he will have less anesthesia than younger kids and wake up ready to go.  My 7.5 y/o was told to stay out of school all day - she totally could have gone and participated in all activities!

I've been told that a couple of really good popsicles can help recovery be a bunch smoother.  ;)

The most common blood tests are:

tTG IgA and tTG IgG

DGP IgA and DGP IgG (Excellent tests for kids and early celiacs - try to have them run if possible)

EMA IgA (generally positive in more advanced cases)

total serum IgA (control test)

AGA IgA and AGA IgG (these are older and less reliable tests)

Good luck! :)

I made my husband take him because I was a nervous wreck.  It turned out to be no big deal.  Hardest part of the day was him skipping breakfast.  They put him under before the IV so all he remembers is playing video games, hanging out with the fun doctors and waking up to ice cream.  He was PERFECTLY fine within an hour of the procedure.  When I had mine, I was a zombie all day long . . . don't remember the car ride home, etc.  Joe was good as new.

His older brother had one a month later and his experience was the same.  Fun, easy, no side effects.