chrisgf

Ncgi And Inflammation

Rate this topic

hello ...

I still feel really new to being gluten-free and df, so I have a question....someone wrote in that dr. fasano said that gluten intolerant people have inflammation inside...is that for just celiacs? or for others who are gluten intolerant?  I am trying to understand all this cuz I recently was told by gi doc I am not celiac, but gluten intolerant ( I posted a question in one of the other forums)

thanks for any info.... :)

Here is the problem.  Not enough is known about Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.  Until very recently doctors did not acknowledge its existence....and many still do not.

We have four diagnosed celiacs in my family and two with NCGS -- all of us had severe inflammation while eating gluten.

The transition to living completely gluten-free is not easy for anyone - celiac or NCGS.  Here is one of the best places to start:

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

Study that and then ask any questions you may have in the coming days...there are lots of members here that can help ease the transition.

Hang in there :)