Rate this topic

Since eliminating gluten 2 months ago, all of my symptoms (dry hands, fatigue, painful urination, dehydration, trouble concentrating, apathy etc.) have gone away or improved significantly with the exception of shortness of breath. The severity has diminished a bit, and it varies day by day, but I have trouble taking deep breaths, and this often feels connected with my bloating. It is harder to breathe through my mouth than my nose.

For anybody who experienced this, how long did it take to resolve your shortness of breath completely?

Have you been tested for anaemia? I believe that can be a symptom. I think I breathe easier now mine has been treated.

Have you been tested for anaemia? I believe that can be a symptom. I think I breathe easier now mine has been treated.

Yes, my iron is fine, and I take B12, Folic Acid and Iron (because my ferritin was on the low end of normal) just in case.

Hi Sidelined.

I have the same thing with me.  The feeling that I'm always trying to get a deep breath is maddening which leads to the shortness of breath feeling.  I know I am getting enough oxygen because my blood oxygen levels are always high nineties.  I also find that breathing thru the mouth or nose is the same for the shortness of breath feeling but I always use my mouth when trying to get the deep breath.  

I don't know if there is a device on the market to test for blood oxygen levels.  I have my checked quarterly at my Oncologist appointments so that's how I know mine.

If you find an answer....let me know  :lol:

Good luck to you.

Colleen