Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serielda

Brain Fog Please Begone

you knucklehead....go sit in the corner with your chex and toothpick...right now, young lady...i mean it....don't make me come up there

:lol: That is not a punishment...that is a party :P

I will definitely check into that creatine stuff.  I tend to even before dx tried to live very natural I do not like frankenfood or frankenthings in my body. 

Hi Serielda,

Since you are vegan, you might want to check out creatine supplements.  You may find you thinker thing works better with a creatine supplement.  But I believe it will also improve with more time on the gluten-free diet.  As your gut heals and can absorb nutrients better, your body will be able to heal better.

@athomp,  Thanks for the info about gums affecting you.  I hadn't heard anyone say they affected brain fog before. :)

I will definitely check into that creatine stuff.  I tend to even before dx tried to live very natural I do not like frankenfood or frankenthings in my body. 

Good deal Serielda.  Creatine is a natural body chemical that our livers make.  But I figure it is ok to take a little of the burden off the liver.  And since celiacs are often in bad shape absorption wise, it also frees up those amino acids to be used for something else besides making creatine.  Elevated liver enzymes can occur in untreated celiacs due to cell death in the gut.  That isn't a big problem as it tends to resolve with healing.  But it doesn't hurt to make things easier for the liver IMHO.

Good article Irish! :)

I thought it was very interesting as it pertains to the vegan aspect...but do consider the caveat at the bottom where she mentions it may affect

glucose levels. I suspect it is wise to be careful with how much you supplement?

take care!  :)