Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

BlessedMommy

Gluten Free Post Race Suggestions?

Rate this topic

I'm going to be running a 5 mile run on 4th of July. :) I'm beginning to think about good safe snacks to pack for after the race. They have great fresh fruit options at the race, but I'd like to have something more than just fruit.

Anybody have any good tried and true running snack suggestions?

I like a spoon of peanut butter and a small banana an hour/90 mins beforehand. I like cake afterwards because I am a pig :P but I should probably pay more attention to post-race nutrition. Honestly though, maybe another banana and a rice cake/cereal bar if cake is not available but I avoid anything more than that (and also caffeine) for an hour or two because straight after a race my tummy can be a bit sensitive. Chocolate milk is good. In the evening I like something with eggs and potatoes; after my marathon they were serving risotto which was nice :) Enjoy your race!

Oh - and whatever you decide, test it before the day! Especially anything you're eating the day before/morning of.