Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

Ok, so I found an hot tea, that I liked that  stated that it was gluten-free, ( some teas do contain preservatives that contain gluten) but when drinking it today I noted a headache coming on and a  mild discomfort in my stomach.  The brand is called Revolution  and it is a  Ginger Peach tea. I checked the ingredients and for  gluten-free markings to ensure safety on the box, and both seemed to check out. No other warnings that  show it could have been cross contaminated either(as most products I seen at Whole Foods, or The Fresh Market will warn of that possibility).  Has anyone ever experienced problems with this brand?

edit note:  My hubby  had  also checked that box when buying it and it is certified gluten-free, I myself  just double checked and it is certified.

Just an FYI - some teas are made with barley or called " malted". Those are the ones with gluten.

I haven't had this flavor - ginger teas don't agree with my stomach. I have had other flavors and been fine.

Thanks for the info.

I actually  have done some research on tea's and  threw out or gave away a lot of my old teas that  was  I dunno, or not safe. Any tea's I have bought recently have all been listed on the product that they are  certified gluten-free and absent of Barley.  It could be Ginger issue, but not sure needless to say I am will be giving it to a friend as  I hate to just waste things by throwing them in the garbage when  I have friends who  could use it. Most of my  old foods I had around upon diagnosis, I  gave away.  I tend to  because I am new be very paranoid of things that don't state they are safe, or ask questions to try and figure out if they are.

Just an FYI - some teas are made with barley or called " malted". Those are the ones with gluten.

I haven't had this flavor - ginger teas don't agree with my stomach. I have had other flavors and been fine.