Amberzak

Throwing Up When Eating Gluten

Rate this topic

So I have to keep eating gluten for the test. I had already cut right down (with many days being gluten free) and been feeling so great. But the nurse today said I need to eat at least 10 grams of gluten a day. One Alice of bread is about 2-3.

The other day I had a pizza, and was very ill for a while. But I thought it could have been the pizza. Today I had wheatabix, under the advice of the nurse. And promptly threw them up again.

But I've been virtually gluten free for 2 weeks. So is it possible it's the gluten? It's funny it's happened both times I've eaten high gluten.

It could be gluten, of course many people have that symptom. It also could be dairy(cheese on pizza and milk in wheatabix). Many people, celiacs and others have a problem with dairy. I personally have never had the symptom of vomiting regularly from gluten or dairy, but it is possible because I used to get every 'stomach flu'.

It could be that your system is getting shocked from cutting it out of your diet for 2 weeks. I would talk to your doctor about it, if your health is already poor this is just going to make things worse.