kabobs

Acceptance And Lots Of Questions

Rate this topic

I am 42 years old and think I have been celiac for most of my life. About 4 years ago I was unofficially diagnosed and started following gluten-free diet as best as I could. A lot of symptoms cleared up but I kept testing the theory because I just did not believe a 100%. Fast forward to today. I took myself to a gastro doctor on my own because have been getting sicker. I have been strict for a wile now with my diet but am afraid it is too late. I am hypoglycemic, magnesium deficient and gastro Dr suspects a bacteria overgrowth, b12 deficiency and of course celiac. I am scheduled for endoscopy / biopsy for both stomach and intestines hydrogen breath test for over growth and just started Linzess for constipation. I am on a fodmap diet too and have started loosing weight like crazy. I guess my fear is I am unrepairable because so many years have gone by. I would like feedback on the endoscopy procedure and Linzess if anyone is familiar. I have visited these forums for a couple of years now but am finally posting I guess as part of my acceptance.

Did your GI tell you to go back on gluten foods for the testing?  If you do not, your results will not be accurate.  Your body is amazing and will repair itself under the right conditions, no gluten if that is the case.

My GI said not to eat gluten knowing the test may be negative because of the symptoms that have gone away already is how they are determine celiac. Test is just to see how much damage at this point. I am highly sensitive to everything processed at this point.