bartfull

I'm Outraged!

Rate this topic

I don't do Facebook. I don't like their (lack of) privacy policy, and I don't like anything else about them either. Well this morning I was talking to a friend in Mass. whom I haven't seen in years and he told me he just commented on my business' Facebook page. I looked it up and sure enough, there is a facebook page with the name and address of my business! Down in the corner there was this: "This Page is automatically generated based on what Facebook users are interested in, and not affiliated with or endorsed by anyone associated with the topic."

So in other words, they got the name of my business out of the online phone directories (I can thell because they put a "The" in front of the name and that is not right) and took it upon themselves to make a page. I can't even access most of what's on there without logging in and I can't log in because I've never signed up.

There ought to be a law against this!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

You could contact Facebook and ask them to remove the page. Do you have anyone close to you who is signed up to Facebook? If so you may want to have them log in for you so you can see what is there. I know I would want to see what is there.  Personally I think Facebook doing that without your knowledge is creepy but if the page has accurate info you might want to keep it for free advertising. 

I never agreed to their terms of service. How can they skip over that part?

I just filed a complaint with the FTC. I also contacted NPR to see if they want to do a story about it. I'm sure I'm not the only business owner who does not want anything to do with Facebook. And I'm sure Facebook has put up pages on them too.

The info they have on my business is WRONG. All I sell is musical instruments, but they claim I also sell CDs and DVDs.

This CAN'T be legal! Yesterday I was outraged but today I am beyond outraged!! I'm downright @&$%#$!!!!!!