Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fetchfelix

Traveling.......

I will soon be traveling to NC and have to drive back and forth a couple of times over 1000miles round trip. I usually eat at Dennys and places like that.........just wondering if there's a site that lists places on routes etc, or if anyone can recommend particular fast food places that are useful? 

Felix

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

gluten free  registry,  gluten free roads,find  me gluten free to name a  few....chick-fi -la  , Wendy's,  red robin, arby's , burger  king, chipotle, five  guys,  to name a few  fast food  joints......that  have a gluten-free  menu.... we  use the  first  two .....

I  suggest that  you  carry  along  a gluten-free  goodie  bag  for  a just in  case scenario...

many  motels  have  the  fast  breakfast  bar,  take  your  own  cereal, bread  ,  muffin  &  a  toasta  bag  so  you  could  have  breakfast  their.. they usually  have  yogurt, fruit, jellies, cream cheese   that  you can use... We  take  instant  gluten-free  oatmeal, cereal  &  a  variety  of  gluten-free  bread  items plus  the toasta  bag.... plus if  you  have  a gluten-free  bread  or  bun  you  can go to a deli &  buy a  slice  of  cheese  & a few slices  of a gluten-free  deli meat  for  a  lunch  .....anything  you  can put  in a microwave  gluten-free  is  a good  idea  as  many times  a micro  is  in  room  or  where  you  stop  for  gas  usually  has  one.....just  make  sure   its  clean  to  heat  up  your  food  which  would  anyway  be  in a  container  or in a  toasta  bag.... 

A goodie  bag  can be  jerky,  veggies, fruits,  snacks, canned  tuna , canned salmon,candy, nuts,  rice  cakes with  peanut  butter, dinty moore  beef  stew   ( which can be  eaten  cold)applesauce  pouches, crackers, hummus, cheese.... one  never  knows  when  traveling  on the  highway when  they  can easily become  stranded  for one  reason or  another... 

Be Prepared alsways  is  my best  advice.....

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter